Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturdays in Kabul

I haven't posted in a while because I keep forgetting to take my camera when I go out. I took these pictures with my iphone today, when I was visiting a grantee around town in Kabul. This is just a typical street scene, with a giant 3-story mansion on one side of the dirt road, and a pile of trash on the other, with mountains in the background. There is a surprising abundance of large 2- and 3-story houses in Kabul, surrounded by high opaque walls. I don't even want to know what corrupt ex-warlords currently occupy them...



This is just more evidence of the impracticality of heels in Kabul -



Very grainy picture, taken from the car:


I'm always surprised by the number of young guys just hanging around on weekdays. The unemployment rate must be insanely high, but I don't know the official rate.

No comments:

Post a Comment