Tuesday, March 15, 2011

notebooks and waiting rooms

I just finished handling my first VIP visit as a control officer. It was probably one of the most difficult, least rewarding jobs I've ever had. Arranging everything from meetings with the President to getting delegation members on the cafeteria meal plan was incredibly stressful. I won't get into the details, but it made me seriously question my career choice. Even if I don't have to serve as a control officer again after this tour, it is still worrying that I might one day become like the people on the delegation, if I continue to advance in my career.

Anyway, at least I had a few free minutes when the delegation members held their meetings, and I stayed outside to work on logistics. This is where I waited at the Presidential palace, notebook, sunglasses, and schedule in hand:



Three cups of tea and a soap opera at the Ministry of the Interior:

No comments:

Post a Comment